The Big Idaho Potato Truck
The Markets are very excited to be able to bring the Big Idaho Potato Truck to town! Mark March 27th on your calendar and join us at Natchez Market 1 on John R Junkin Dr. The truck will be on site from 3pm to 7pm and we will have lots going on including food demo’s, games and more.
The Big Idaho Potato Truck travels the country promoting the certified heart-healthy Idaho Potato and its mission to help small charities in towns and cities with its A Big Helping program. Not to mention that people just want to have their picture taken with a 4-Ton Idaho potato!
Some fun truck tater trivia :
- would take over 7,000 years to grow.
- weighs 4 tons, equaling 21,562 medium-sized Idaho® potatoes.
- is 802 times heavier than the largest potato ever grown, which weighed 11 pounds.
- would make 20,217 servings of mashed potatoes. Pass the gravy!
- would easily make over 1 million average-sized french fries.
To learn more about the Idaho Potato Truck click here. Or try recipes, educational info, fun for kids.
The Big Idaho Potato Truck Tour has always had a charitable component to it. The Truck crew will have a board set up for signatures and for each signature Idaho Potatoes will donate $1.00, up to $500 to the Natchez stewpot. So be sure to get your name on the board. The Markets will also be selling Ribeye Dinner’s (Ribeye, Idaho Potato, Roll for $12) with proceeds going to the Natchez Stewpot.